Johnston Vere Associates Limited (JVAL) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We gather/use and keep information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, General Data Protection (GDPR) and all relevant regulations.
This policy and any other documents referred to set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
How we use your data:
We process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes which include some or all of the following:
- To ensure that we can keep you updated of relevant career opportunities
- To include you and manage your application through the recruitment process
- To introduce you to future employers
Whenever we process data for these purposes, we will ensure that we keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. We may store pertinent details of our relationship with you which could include elements such as; current and previous employers, and details of your work, skills and experiences, education and qualifications, records of interviews, opportunities we have put you forward for, and any additional information you have provided to us in forms such as a CV/resume and any correspondence.
We may then store further information if we have placed you in a permanent position which could include start and end dates, pay history etc. It is extremely unlikely we will require or process any data which would be categorised as Special under the relevant data protection legislation, but should we need to do so we would contact you and get your explicit consent to do so.
How we obtain your data:
There are numerous ways you may have shared your data with us including:
- Emailing your CV to any JVAL member of staff or email address
- Leaving a hard copy of your CV at a conference or office
- Connecting and contacting an JVAL employee on social media such as LinkedIn
- By submitting your CV you are confirming your consent to allow JVAL to record and process the information detailed in your application. You are also confirming that the information contained within your application form is correct.
Personal data from other sources:
We may also receive personal data about you from other sources. Depending on the relevant circumstances and applicable local laws and requirements, these may include personal data received in the following situations:
- Your referees may have disclosed personal information about you
- Our Clients may share personal information about you with us
- We may obtain information about you from searching for potential Candidates from third party sources, such as LinkedIn and other job sites.
We use your data specifically to:
Match your skill sets with opportunities that most suit you
- Propose your CV to either our staff or clients for an opportunity
- Keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
Where we store your personal data:
We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site via the Internet; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access and storage of your data.
How long do we keep the Data:
We will only hold your personal data if we have a legitimate interest in doing so and will not hold your data for longer than is deemed necessary.
Who do we share it with?
Where appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we may share your personal data, in various ways and for various reasons, with the following categories of people:
- If you have provided your personal data specifically for recruitment, we may share your information with our clients where opportunities may exist for you.
- Third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf such as psychometric testing services.
- Individuals and organisations who hold information related to your reference or application, such as current, past or prospective employers.
Automated Decision Making:
All data processed or added to our database is carried out manually by experienced staff. No data is added to or processed through our database automatically.
You have a number of rights under the data protection laws. In order to exercise any of the rights listed in this section then please e-mail email@example.com with your request.
Please note that many of the rights listed in this section are limited to certain defined circumstances and we may not always be able to comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case and why.
Right to object: You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data and we will cease to process the data immediately.
Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to process your personal data, if applicable, and we will cease to carry out the particular activity that you previously consented to.
Data Subject Access Request: You have the right to request access to the data we hold on you.
Please bear in mind if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks for your benefit.
Additionally, you have the right to request from us:
- that any inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected;
- that information about you is deleted in certain situations;
- that we stop using your personal information for certain purposes;
- that your member profile is provided to you in a portable format
- that decisions about you are not made by wholly automated means
- We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay, and in any event within one month (subject to any extensions to which we are lawfully entitled).
Right to complain:
If you are unhappy with how we are using your personal information or if you wish to complain about how we have handled a request contact
Changes to our privacy and data protection policy:
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
This website only uses third party cookies as outlined below.
Third Party Cookies
Some of the cookies stored on your computer when using our website are not directly related to us.
Google Analytics – This tool is used by nearly every website in the world and helps us view and analyse visitor information; such as browser versions, visitor numbers, and response to marketing activity. This information enables us to improve the website and your visiting experience.
Share Tools – If you decide to ‘share’ any of our content with friends or associates through any of the social networks – you may be sent cookies from these websites. We cannot control the creation of these cookies, so we suggest you visit the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
To find out more about cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org